Just a quick post about my fave things in Paris; my first fortnight has been so good and I can’t quite get my head around how much I’ve done alongside working and studying.
So here’s what I’m lovin’ about Paris (so far!)
– Because it’s a relatively small city it’s actually easier and quicker to get around than London.
– It’s perfectly fine to be drinking from a bottle of wine on the street in the middle of the day (I’m not an alcoholic, I promise)
– Baguettes! all day everyday
– Most people can speak English. Obviously I’m trying to learn French but it’s good to know English is there as a back up
– Street style
– You can always smell something delicious when you walk down the street. Pizza, crepes, bread, cakes etc etc
– My travel is paid for so I use any excuse to get on the metro and explore
– It’s difficult to get bored of the sight of the Eiffel Tower
– Metro parties. Although terrifyingly dangerous, loads of fun
– Clothes shops are amazing
– Casual Sunday picnics with 1000 people
– Sephora. It’s like another world
– The kids I look after can be so sweet; an impromptu hug or giggle outweighs the tantrums
– The weather is fab fab fab at the moment
– French people have the best names
– I’ve met some of the loveliest people here already
– The little dogs…
Aaaaaand I think that’s all for now!